Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rotary Club of Aberdare

Tonight I did my first presentation in the Rotary Club of Aberdare, 45 mins by car from Cardiff.
I think the presentation was fine, just didn't expected the audience are alomst 40 people instead of what I used to have in HK as around 20 people.


I had a very delicious dessert tonight, it is a tart with caramel, banana and cream on it, very very nice. This is one good thing to attend rotary club presentation, have poper food for dinner!

Another thing I have learnt here is the difference between Britian, United Kingdom and England. In Wales, have to be very careful of the terms that you use, Welsh people will get mad if you call them English people. Welsh, Scoltish and English are all British; Wales, Scoltland, North Irland and England together is Great Britian or United Kingdom. Wales is not in England and Welsh are not English! Always remember!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That shows the loyalty of people to the part of land they belong.

As Christians, do we get mad if we are recognised as "worldly" or embarrassed to be "godly"?

Anonymous said...

That's a great explanation, Deon! Hope to see you soon,
Amy

Wendy Chang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Chang said...

hey, Kei On, I finally have time to read all of your posts after you went to UK at one time, but pity that I should go out tonight, and can't read more!

Yes, hahaaa, I can distinguish these after I started to read English novels and information related, and found out Ireland + Scotland + England + Wales (but I dun know Wales is seperate until reading your explanation!) = Great Britain / UK.

Funny! And your explanation was funny (but very clear), too!